Monday, February 18, 2008

I'm Ready

Have you ever had completely random conversations with people that somehow correlated? They have no idea that you've spoken to someone else and yet somehow it all fits together ... It's almost as if the cosmos is spitting out a message. Call it God, the higher power, whatever.
Everyone is talking about the power of positive thinking--you know, the idea that if you think about something you want, you're supposed to be able to get it.
Now I don't know about you, but I've thought that I could win the lottery for a long time-and not once (Not ONCE) has it ever happened.
So I wonder if there's anything to this positive thinking stuff. I mean, I'm a pretty optimistic "glass if half full" kind of person. But does that have any effect on anything that might happen in life?
It is said that happy people live longer, more fulfilled lives. So wouldn't it stand to reason that if you're happy, things naturally go your way? Because if things happen that don't go your way, I imagine you'd disregard them or get over them faster than someone with say depression would. Therefore, the negative things that happen to an optimistic person don't affect them the same way. Thus, they are able to stay happier longer. When a person is happy, then tend to forget about the negative.
I was also thinking about how people in domestic violence relationships have the tendency to establish patterns where they constantly return to people time after time that have personalities similar to their parents and statistically, that means over-bearing and domineering control freaks. So with the idea that if you think something, it will come true-this might just be the same thing if you think negative thoughts, they might just come true. Because you subconsciously put out the energy that you are afraid of this very scenario coming true. How is it that it then comes true? It might be because subconsciously you made it happen ...
Anyways, everyone is talking about the book, "The Secret." I haven't read it, but I'm sure it's something along the lines of what I am talking about.
I almost neglected to mention the idea of finding a good relationship. If you think you can find a good relationship, will you find one? Or if you secretly fear you are going to have a crappy relationship, will you subconsciously undermine it? How does that work when you don't like the relationship someone else is in? Because your thoughts don't seem to have any effect on that ... =P
Seriously, is it possible to find everything you're looking for in a relationship just by the power of positive thinking? Okay, so here goes: I'm waiting for you whomever you are. You're going to be funny, intelligent, nerdy, and perfect. Oh, and romantic too. You like to cuddle. You don't play games. You're going to figure out I'm amazing any day now and ask me out. You're not married or otherwise taken. You're kind and like children. Oh, and dogs too. There, I just sent a message out into the cosmos ... let's see what happens.
What do you think?

No comments: